To Do List- 2012 Version
- Keep my desk organized... organized stacks are okay.
- Limit the amount of sticky notes I use as reminders on my computer. (a.k.a. save trees)
- Communicate better and before things need to change/happen/completely fall apart.
- Set up my other classroom to be math oriented (the free door incident has been fixed and all is back to normal).
- Help pump my kids up so they rock it on the state tests.
- Finish my paperwork on time. Hell, finish paperwork in general.
- Maintain my positive relationships with my kids and their families.
- Dress to impress at least once a week. Oh, and save jeans for Friday only.
- Be nice to the people who irritate me... or at least wait until they leave to do the eye roll.
- Have patience- with my kids, curriculum, my teaching, my coworkers, a new principal, and the district as a whole. I had this as my overall resolution a few years ago and I still try to focus on it.
- Complete loan forgiveness packet and turn in ASAP.
- Renew teaching license before they tell me I can't teach anymore.
- Be more specific in my sped leadership meetings- I know it well, they don't... how can I help everyone see it as I do?
- Look into getting ESOL endorsement.
- Brush up on my Spanish and start using it with families.
- Seriously look at teaching abroad programs, if not for 2012, then 2013.
- Be a positive and influential voice at the district level for my school and sped. (This one could be tricky)
- Review long term goals- when do I want to get my PhD? What do I want to do with it? How can I better my profession as a whole?
- Research current topics and sound smarter than I am to people I want to impress.
- Network/research with other districts and states to revise current programs in my school/district.
- Finish organizing the hub's "office."
- Clear out sticks/brush/shrubbery from back yard.
- Cut down trees in front yard (only because they hang over the power lines and have roots wrapped around our sewage pipes...)
- Build a dog run/house for the pup.
- Get one cat a "lion cut."
- Finish trim in bedroom/kitchen.
- Finish guest bedroom.
- Decorate more than 2 days before a holiday.
- Plant garden/flowers in timely manner and actually maintain.
- Clean/laundry weekly; scrub and scour deeply once a month.
- Go to the gym 3 times a week.
- Do pilates at least 2 times a week.
- Work on being toned and sculpted- no more skinny-gettoflabulousness.
- Get and maintain a 4-6 pack by and through the summer.
- Run at least two 5Ks- spring and fall?
- Cut down sugar intake; increase fruits, veggies, and protein intake.
- Brush with electric toothbrush regularly.
- Floss more than the week before I go to the dentist (oh, like I am the only one who does this...)
- Wash face before bed and invest in anti-aging cream. (a.k.a. stave off wrinkles for a few more years)
- Indulge in a massage, hair cut, spa day every few months.
- Set a routine for sleeping, eating, and working out- stick to it!
- Invest in good running shoes.
- Be flexible- loosen my calves, hamstrings, and shoulders to improve posture and mobility.
- Invest in a couple personal training sessions and not cry on the floor of the racquetball court when they kick my ass so hard I can't get up (yep, this happened).
- Look into pilates training to be an instructor.
- Go someplace fun once a month- hike, beach, shopping trip, etc.
- Sketch in my sketchbook once a week.
- Read a book a month- for pleasure.
- Organize my photos and get some framed.
- Work on tattoo design and research artists.
- Type my manifesto on my type writer.
- Learn how to apply make-up.
- Expand music tastes.
- Wear nail polish more and stop biting nails.
- Revel in the down/quiet time.
- Focus on what makes me happy and do it (within reason).
- Be less in my head and engage more.
- Enjoy time with friends and family- don't rush to the next thing.
- Don't overplan everything- go with the flow and live in the moment.
- Show and/or tell the people in my life how much I care for them and why I love them.
Okay, so I didn't quite make it to 100, but I think I did pretty good. Now, what are your goals/resolutions?
No comments:
Post a Comment